How to Prevent Swim Trunks From Chafing
Chafing is relatively common among athletes. It’s annoying and if it’s not treated, it can hinder your performance.
However, it’s not like there’s nothing you can do. In fact, there are many things you can do to prevent groin and leg chafing.
In this article, we are going to share with you exactly what to do to prevent chafing, what to do if you already chafed your legs or groin, and which are the best anti chafing swim trunks.
Let’s get started.
What is chafing?
Chafing happens when the skin is constantly rubbed or comes into contact with clothing or other materials, it happens in humid environments or with some moisture, and it can also be produced by repetitive motions during sports and physical activities.
As a result, chafing creates an unpleasant feeling of irritated and inflamed skin.
How to prevent chafing in swim trunks
A day of swimming can cause chafing in your legs, but you can reduce the risk by taking the following steps:
- Using products that reduce friction between your legs and your swim trunks. Trihard’s Anti-Chafing Roll-On forms a sweat and water-resistant, long-lasting barrier around your skin. Reducing friction between your skin and clothing, protecting your skin from further irritation. Athletes who are already experiencing chafing benefit from its lubrication, soothing, and softening properties.
- Make sure you rinse off throughout the day. You should dry off after rinsing before heading back into the water.
- Wear anti-chafe swimwear. Soft fabric ensures comfort as you go about your day.
- If you don't want to invest in special swimwear, avoid cotton since it absorbs moisture. It is important to wear a material that wicks away moisture from the body.
- Make sure your swimwear is not too baggy. Getting irritated by loose hanging material is very common.
- Following your swim, change into fresh clothes.
How to treat swim trunks chafing
If you have chafed skin, let it heal before returning to your routine activities. If friction continues, the condition may worsen and become infected.
There are various ways of treating chafing depending on the severity. For example, Trihard’s Anti-Chafing Roll-On can help you alleviate skin chafing. Its natural ingredients help hydrate and protect the skin, and lubricate, soothe, and soften it.
Its naturally derived oils provide athletes with relief from itchy skin, allowing them to be active on a daily basis; preventing long-term damage and eliminating discomfort.
If self-care measures don’t work and chafing is painful, red, or swollen, you should schedule an appointment with your doctor. If the area is infected, an antibiotic ointment may be necessary.
Which are the best anti chafing swim trunks?
When your swim trunks don’t dry quickly, or you develop sensitive skin around your inner thighs, it's time to buy anti-chafing swim trunks. And to feel comfortable throughout the day, always choose high quality materials.
Here are some of the top options we recommend:
1. DryFins Swim Shorts
The DryFins swim shorts are super comfortable. This men’s bathing suit is made with fast-drying fabric, so you can walk straight out of the pool or beach in comfort. It is designed with the comfort of shorts and functionality of swimwear. Good quality and fit. They dry fast, fit right, and are extremely comfortable.
2. Nonetz Swim Trunks
Nonetz swim trunks are made of 90% recycled polyester. They are tailored to prevent irritation and chafing caused by uncomfortable male swimwear. The lining prevents rubbing, and it provides maximum protection and comfort.
Nonetz combines comfort, function, and style. As expensive as they are, the quality is high, and the fit is perfect.
3. Decisive Beachwear Swim Trunks
Decisive Beachwear swim trunks won't chafe when wet. This is a result of their quick-drying technology. As this swimwear is so soft, it doesn't feel like a hard material scratching your skin when it dries. In addition to their anti-chafe technology, they have fun designs as well.
Chafing is relatively common among athletes, but there are many things you can do to prevent it, and what to do if you already chafed your legs or groin.
Chafing happens when the skin is constantly rubbed or comes into contact with clothing or other materials, or when performing repetitive motions.
To prevent chafing in swim trunks, use products that reduce friction between your legs and your swim trunks.
Wear anti-chafe swimwear to avoid irritation. Avoid cotton since it absorbs moisture and change into fresh clothes after you swim.
If you have chafed skin, let it heal before returning to your routine activities. You can use Trihard's Anti-Chafing Roll-On to alleviate skin chafing and prevent long-term damage and discomfort.
Some of the best swim trunks for men include:
- The DryFins swim shorts are super comfortable and made with fast-drying fabric, so you can walk straight out of the pool or beach in comfort.
- Nonetz swim trunks are made of 90% recycled polyester and are tailored to prevent irritation and chafing caused by uncomfortable male swimwear.
- Decisive Beachwear swim trunks won't chafe when wet and are soft. They have fun designs as well.