The Benefits of Epsom Salt for Back Pain
products from this article
Around 80% of people experience back pain in their lifetime but physical activity causes back injuries more often among athletes.
No matter what sport you play, your spine gets twisted, turned, and sometimes hit. Even the most talented athletes can get back injuries from these activities. Even so, there are a few things we can do to treat back pain.
In this article you are going to discover why epsom salt is so effective at treating back pain, how to prepare an epsom salt bath, and what's the best epsom salt for relieving back pain?
Let's get started.
What Is Epsom Salt?
The Epsom Salt is a naturally occurring mineral salt composed of magnesium and sulfate. A lot of people are deficient in magnesium, which is the main reason for the benefits of Epsom salt. It is commonly recommended by professionals to people with muscle pain and mental stress.
Healthy magnesium levels are essential for exercise because magnesium facilitates the body's use of glucose and lactic acid. Bathing in Epsom salts can help relieve muscle soreness and cramps, which are key for exercise recovery.
How Does Epsom Salt Relieve Back Pain?
Taking a warm Epsom salt bath may help relieve back pain by penetrating the skin and reaching sore muscles.
Also, warm Epsom salt baths can help relax tight muscles. The salt dissolves in water and increases serotonin production and decreases adrenaline production, relieving stress and pain.
In addition, magnesium sulfate aids the body in using calcium and regulating fluid retention. Taking a warm bath with Epsom salts can help you detoxify, relieve minor injuries, pains and aches, and reduce inflammation of the joints.
The magnesium in Epsom salt, for instance, may help relieve headaches and migraines by relaxing the muscles surrounding your skull. Sore muscles can also benefit from this during the recovery period after a workout.
How To Take An Epsom Salts Bath
You can safely increase your body's magnesium and sulfate levels by taking two to three Epsom salt baths a week. However, you should consult your doctor if you are suffering from a severe magnesium deficiency.
Here are the steps for making your own Epsom salt bath.
- Fill a clean bathtub with hot water and add 2 cups of Epsom salt. Adjust the temperature, if necessary.
- Take a deep breath and relax in the bathtub once the salt has dissolved. You should soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Take a shower with plain water afterwards to remove excess salt from the skin.
If you plan to buy Epsom salt, look for a product that is 100% magnesium sulfate. In general, Epsom Salts are safe, but if you have had an allergic reaction to them or if you have an open wound or severe burns, avoid using them.
What’s The Best Epsom Salt For Back Pain?
The best way to relieve back pain and calm your mind is to soak in Trihard's Muscle & Mind Soak. TRIHARD's Muscle & Mind contain Dead Sea salts, Epsom salts, and essential oils such as Argan and Obliphica tree oil.
With a 15-minute bath, you'll relieve muscle soreness, soothe dry skin, minimize stress, and maximize recovery, which is just as important as the workout itself.
Among the benefits of using it are:
- Calming Sore Muscles - Epsom salts, dead sea salts, and argan and obliphica tree oils promote magnesium absorption into the body to reduce muscle cramps, swelling, and joint stiffness while maximizing recovery to lead to higher performance.
- Soothing - A natural blend of jojoba and obliphica oils combined with dead sea minerals, magnesium chloride red algae, aloe vera, and menthol soothes, nourishes, and heals damaged skin assisting the body to renew itself and restore its youth.
- Relaxing - Our unique tablets contain Maris sal, magnesium chloride, argan, and obliphica tree oils, which release serotonin, helping with stress, sleep problems, depression, and anxiety.
It is estimated that over 80% of the population will experience back pain at some point in their lives, and athletes are especially prone to back injuries. A great way to treat back pain is by using Epsom salt.
Epsom salt is a naturally occurring mineral salt containing magnesium and sulfate. An Epsom salt bath can relieve muscle aches and cramps and reduce inflammation of the joints and minor injuries.
In order to make your own Epsom Salt bath, fill a clean bathtub with hot water, add two cups of Epsom salt, take a deep breath, and relax for at least 15 minutes.
Using Trihard's Muscle & Mind Soak will help you relieve stress and back pain. Recovery will be faster, muscle soreness will be relieved, dry skin will be soothed, and stress will be minimized.